Our client based in Radstock is looking for a Welder/Fabricator to join their team.
The main purpose of this role is to be predominantly responsible for the accurate welding and fabrication of products and frames where exact tolerances and cosmetic surface finishing in preparedness to powder coating is essential. On occasion, providing support to any of the company’s other manufacturing/assembly departments when production work load dictates.
- Fabricate from drawings to exact tolerances
- The ability to weld carbon, stainless and aluminium steel using MIG/TIG welding plants to a high standard of cosmetic finish. (Essential)
- Produce a cosmetic finish to a high standard using angle grinders and sanders.
- Be flexible for assisting in other departments depending on manufacturing requirements.
- To assist in picking material for processing.
- To operate saws.
- To operate drilling machines.
- To assemble kits for fabrication.
- To complete final assembly of finished items ready for despatch.
- To ensure paperwork is correct and complete.
- To comply with all company health and safety, quality and environmental procedures and policies.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and specifications.
- Ability to read and understand measuring equipment.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to perform basic administrative tasks using a computer system.
- The Ability to work as part of a team.
- Performing stock checks as required.
- General workshop duties including general housekeeping.
- Must be flexible for switching to other departments as workload dictates.
The above is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all responsibilities, you may be responsible for other duties as directed by the department Team Leader or Manufacturing Manager.
Working hours 6.00am to 2.00pm Monday – Friday, competitive salary dependent upon experience.
Should this role be of interest to you, please send us a copy of your CV or call Miriam on 01761 235741 for further details.