Our client based in Trowbridge are seeking a Senior Production Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
Up to £50,000pa
To oversee and develop the packing and filling operations with support of the engineering and warehousing functions in line with business objectives.
Deputize for the Head of Production in the overall running of our clients Trowbridge operation.
Overall responsibility for multiple shifts and all FG packed output, safely, to defined quality standards.
Responsible for the design and delivery of significant business improvement initiatives to enhance service levels and reduce costs through production efficiency and labour FTE reduction.
Key attributes & competencies:
- Significant and relevant experience of managing a team of 300+ staff
- Relevant knowledge of hygiene and quality standards
- Experience of developing and running various shift patterns
- Demonstrated competency at delivering change including capital investment
- Suitable management experience across all business functions, including financial management
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence business KPI’s
- High level of Financial ability, able to demonstrate accurate costings and present and deliver project proposals with fully supported benefit statements
- Support in the budget management of the filling and packing operations, including operating rates and labour rates
A Senior member of the Operations Management team (deputising for the Head of Production) to support the development and delivery of the Production Operations annual strategy, focussed primarily on the filling and packaging of finished goods.
Responsible for the design and delivery of significant business improvement initiatives to enhance service levels and reduce costs through production efficiency gains and labour FTE reduction, to deliver significant year-on-year business improvements through innovation and capital investment.
- To ensure compliance with company Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) policies, as well as embedding a Safety-First culture
- To ensure achievement of the Filling and Packing production schedules on time and in full (OTIF)
- To ensure all quality systems and processes are always adhered to
- To ensure compliance with Company hygiene policies at all times
- To ensure all manufacturing records and reports are produced in a timely and accurate manner.
- To support and sustain all audits, (including customer defined, external organisations, and internal audits) ensuring prompt resolution of any non-compliance
- To manage all temporary labour to agreed levels and within legislated guidelines.
- To manage and drive productivity and efficiency increases within area of responsibility. Focus upon throughputs, wastage, direct labour efficiency (FTE) and overhead costs.
- To initiate and drive continuous improvement activities in all areas using Lean techniques
- To ensure training and coaching programmes are in place and records maintained for all employed personnel.
- To contribute fully to the NPD process, providing cross functional support across the business.
Mon – Fri (Late Shift)
3pm – 11pm
Due to the nature of our clients business you may be required to carry out alternative and/or additional duties from time to time.
If this role is of interest to and you fulfil the criteria, please apply with your full CV, or contact the team on 01225 300779.