Our client based in Keynsham are seeking a Senior Estates Surveyor to join their team on a Permanent basis.
The purpose of the post of Senior Estates Surveyor – Insolvency Practice, is to assist in the provision of Property Services to our client.
If successful you will act as a technical supervisor within the team to which you are allocated and will take a high degree of personal responsibility in carrying out the most complex and
difficult tasks as required of a general practice Senior Estates Surveyor/Senior Valuer.
As a senior member of the team you will contribute to the general management, development and review of the team and unit. This will be done both in terms of services provided and staff, In accordance with our clients visions and values, policy, and other objectives.
The postholder should ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiency in the delivery of services.
The focus of your role will be the recovery of all sums of money due to our client including but not exclusively:
- Rent collection
- Management and recovery of service charges, insurance, and planned maintenance
- Any other income/fees due
- To lead in managing all aspects of the relevant insolvency practices and processes liaising closely with the estates surveyors, who have day to day responsibility for managing the individual assets.
You may also be required to work within other areas of Property Services as required.
- To ensure the delivery of results in relation to the achievement of revenue and capital targets required by clients under the various service contracts. Undertake property appraisal and landlord and tenant matters.
- To be involved with day to day matters but also to take a strategic overview of our clients property resources and advise on corporate property issues, as necessary.
- To ensure all results are delivered on time and within budget so as to meet the expenditure and income targets assigned.
- To undertake difficult, complex, and challenging tasks (e.g. primarily landlord and tenant work but also portfolio management, development, and asset management work).
- To assist the Line Manager in establishing and implementing innovative, efficient, and effective means (e.g. data systems) for the team or individuals to achieve successful results. Monitoring of financial data. Where appropriate to ensure all contracts are procured and managed effectively.
- To Provide clear instructions, guidance, and priority to the various internal teams and external advisors, as necessary.
- To prepare submit and pursue planning applications for development and improvement of property in the team’s care, as necessary.
- To carry out all types of valuations in respect of those properties as necessary to meet various client requirements.
- To act as our clients agent in its acquisition, letting, management and disposal, by sale of lease, of all types of property. You will exercise substantial delegated financial authority in the most complex and difficult negotiations in order to secure the most advantageous terms for our client.
- You will guide and support other team members in the execution of similar duties as required to do so by the Line Manager. Activities may include:
- Portfolio management and enhancement.
- Assisting in the procurement of services such as building maintenance, repair, and specialist services.
- The monitoring of expenditure to achieve best value.
- To prepare and present evidence as an expert witness to the court, tribunals, inquiries, and arbitrators in pursuit of appropriate settlement of disputes over property related matters allocated to the post holder personally or the team. To prepare and present reports as required.
- To help gather, collate, evaluate, and present statistics and information on the financial and functional performance of the property in the team’s care.
- To act as a senior advisor to the Line Manager with responsibility for expertise on agreed areas of professional practice and technical information so you may act in an informed and effective manner.
- To advise the Line Manager of potential conflicts in objectives and to present viable options for their resolution.
- To supervise, monitor and support Graduate and Junior members of the team in similar duties
- To direct, supervise and manage staff resources within the team, prioritise the workload, and be responsible for the delivery of the outputs in order to fulfil our clients objectives.
- Participate in project activity and lead on specific projects or pieces of work, taking responsibility for the achievement of outcomes within required timescales
Working in a team:
- To assist in ensuring that the Team’s services are responsive to community needs and that equal opportunity issues are identified and addressed effectively.
- To assist in ensuring that effective external working relationships are established and maintained with organisations and agencies relevant to the work of individuals and the Team(s).
- To ensure effective and accessible communication with staff, service users, the general public and others as appropriate.
- Qualified (RICS) with relevant post qualification experience, including dealing with difficult and challenging work.
- Experience at a senior level with the ability to supervise and guide junior staff in providing services to specified quality, timescale, and budget.
- A strong background in income recovery and extensive experience in insolvency practice.
- The ability to be proactive, think creatively and identify development opportunities and continuing ways of improvement.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills, with a strong background in property management appropriate to the designated portfolio for this post.
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands and deadlines.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office and an ability to manipulate data in excel to produce relevant management information.
- Ability to remain calm when faced with challenging circumstances.
- Ability to speak concisely, clearly, and confidently in both formal and informal settings.
37 hours a week
Please note you may be expected to work/be available outside normal office hours.
If this role is of interest to and you fulfil the criteria, please apply with your full CV, or contact the team on 01761 235741.