Our client based on Honiton are seeking a Revenues Officer to join their team until February.
Proactive, effective, and efficient collection of debts owed to our client whilst minimising fraud and balancing the welfare needs of debtors, ensuring the constructive and timely engagement of customers and maintenance of our clients records by using the most appropriate communication channels.
Revenues Officer Duties:
- Making and processing decisions by referencing legislation, policy, or contractual agreements in the administration, collection and enforcement of our client’s debts whilst balancing the welfare needs of taxpayers.
- This will include billing, discounts, exemptions, and rateable value changes as well as maintaining a knowledge of the welfare benefits that are available and helping customers to obtain them.
- Ensure communication is dealt with in a timely manner and in accordance with our clients Policy and standards. Ensuring that wherever possible, issues are resolved at first point of contact.
- Support the Manager in taking effective action in billing, recovery, and enforcement of debts. Proactively engage with debtors to influence prompt payment of debt to prevent debts escalating resulting in improved collection performance. Take action to trace absconders and identify cases for write offs.
- For Sundry Debt income process all invoices requests and cancellations including issuing annual bills. Prepare and process payments runs and ensure payments are allocated correctly. Report outstanding debts as directed by the Manager.
- Engage proactively and effectively in a timely manner with our customers or other organisations using the most efficient form of communication, dealing sensitively with difficult, angry, and emotional situations with a view to influence prompt repayment with realistic arrangements and sign posting to additional help when necessary.
- Prepare cases for court for both criminal and civil matters. Liaise with legal as appropriate.
- Regularly monitor Service Level Agreements with enforcement agents and the Valuation Office Agency and work in partnership with statutory and voluntary external agents to maximize business productivity and welfare support for taxpayers when appropriate.
- Contribute to the performance of the team by participating positively in annual performance reviews, one to ones and team meetings; supporting colleagues through coaching and buddying processes including new starters; and developing positive working relationships across the service.
- Attend meetings as required during working hours and with a minimum of 24 hours’ notice for out of hour’s meetings.
- GCSE’s grade C/4 or above in Mathematics and English or equivalent qualification/experience
- Knowledge of business rates
- Knowledge of effective recovery methods
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Office suite and customer relationship management systems
- Recent experience of successfully working in a local government revenues team
- Experience and a proven track record of dealing with customers over the telephone, face to face and in email/writing
- Basic Disclosure Certificate
- Due to location a Full UK Driving License is required
APPLY Today or for further information contact the team on 01237 439500