Our client based in Bath are looking for a Repairs Claims Handler to join their team.
The purpose of this role will be to settle insurance claims for damaged jewellery by liaison with insurance companies (customers), jewellers (suppliers) and policyholders. To offer an in-depth enquiry handling and referral service to the company’s clients and their customers in the management of claims from initial receipt through to settlement.
- To ensure new instructions are entered accurately and within agreed service levels on to the Claims Management System and to make contact with policyholders without delay using all provided contact options.
- To discuss with policyholders during the course of the first call and record accurately within the Claims Management System the full circumstances of the claim and details the item claimed for. Solicit policyholders’ jewellery for examination and assessment of repair cost.
- To request, collate and record any documentation or proof of loss/damage as required by the insurer or as directed by the Claims Management System. This can include estimates to repair.
- Adhering to all security procedures with regard to policyholders’ jewellery.
- Securing approval to proceed with repair from policyholders, insurance companies and loss adjusters.
- Photographing jewellery, storing and retrieving images.
- Negotiating the repair cost with non-authorised insurance jewellers.
- To ensure the collection of any excesses, contributions or deductions from policyholders where instructed to do so by either the client or Claims Management System.
- To provide clients and policyholders regular updates in relation to the progress of claims and ensure timely responses to all call-back requests made by them.
- Ensuring jewellery is dispatched to the correct address at the requested time.
- To ensure that all conversations, information and agreed actions made with clients, policyholders or suppliers are recorded accurately and factually within the Claims Management System.
- To ensure you are logged into the Company telephony systems throughout the working day and unless otherwise engaged with a caller or instructed by your line manager, to maintain a state of readiness to assist in the answering of inbound call traffic at all times.
- To ensure a professional, friendly and helpful service is delivered to all callers and that the highest standards of customer care are provided at all times.
- To record any complaint or expression of dis-satisfaction, whether justified or not, from clients, policyholders or suppliers, received by either telephone, e-mail or letter, both immediately and accurately within the Claims Management System and to subsequently either agree a resolution with the complainant or where this is not possible, escalate to your line manager for resolution within four hours of receipt.
- To attend and embrace all internal and external training programs as required by the Company to develop and enhance both the range and quality of services we offer our clients and customers.
- To carry out any reasonable task or request made by your Line Manager, Senior Manager or Director which has not been defined above.
- Have experience within a Sales and/or Customer Service role
- Have good negotiating skills
- Be customer focused
- Have a professional and friendly telephone manner.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have ability to work to deadlines and achieve results under pressure.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Be able to work on own initiative.
- Be flexible.
- Have good social skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Have a high level of accuracy.
- Be ability to work with internal and external customers at all levels.
Should this role be of interest to you, please send us a copy of your CV or call Miriam on 01761 235741 for further details.
Simple Recruitment (South West) Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency where this vacancy is concerned.