Our client in Warminster are looking for a QC Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
The company is a small manufacturing company employing around 25 staff members across design, production, project management, finance and general administration.
Our client requires a QC Engineer to work closely with the Production Team Leader, Assembly Engineers and the Purchasing/Stores Team. The candidate must have the ability to communicate well with all members of staff and have excellent attention to detail.
- Perform goods in and out inspections.
- To perform regular inspections and testing in accordance with company procedures, including the inspection and sign-off of Assembly Engineer’s work.
- To read and understand all build manuals, drawings, specifications, company policies and procedures in relation to any task set.
- To gather, set up and operate all role related equipment and machinery as per specifications or instructions included within the build manual, in a safe and controlled manner, reporting any damage or breakages.
- Assist with internal audits in line with the annual internal audit schedule.
- To ensure work space, operations, product builds, processes and procedures fully comply with the requirements of the ISO9001:2015 standards.
- To assess inspection processes to ensure that they remain ‘fit-for-purpose’ both for goods in/out and production inspection.
- To contribute to the continued improvement of procedures, practices and operations within the business, raising concerns and issues immediately with the most appropriate person, in the most appropriate way, offering suggestions and possible remedial actions.
- Act as a role model for the company’s Core Values.
- The ability to be able to read technical drawings and understand complicated and detailed international specifications & standards is a critical requirement of the role.
- Knowledge within a technically complex manufacturing/assembly environment.
- In depth knowledge of goods in/out inspection processes.
- Computer literate, including MRP systems.
- Must be proficient in the use of basic measuring equipment i.e. Vernier Gauges, Micrometres, Thread Gauges, Multimeters etc.
- Prepared to be trained in the use of Electrical and Optical Test equipment.
Monday to Friday, typically 40hrs week
If this role sounds of interest to you, or for further information, please send a copy of your CV or contact the team on 01761 235 741.