Our client is looking for a Project Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. The role requires flexibility to work between 2 different locations as and when necessary – Bath and Warminster.
The company is a small manufacturing company employing around 25 staff members across design, production, project management, finance and general administration.
Salary on offer:
£30k – £35k DOE
A high level of organisation of different departments at different stages, good communication skills and the ability to adjust working practice depending on the stage of the contract.
Summary of role:
To have a managing overview of project(s), big and small.
Ensuring the Design Team are prepared for the work involved and are working to set timescales and budget.
- To lead the planning and implementation of R & D Projects.
- To attend kick off meetings of major projects ensuring ownership of the design and development procedure (if applicable) and compliance matrix.
- Creating an outline plan for design and development, purchasing and manufacture.
- To ensure regular communication with all stakeholders, including Management, involved in the projects.
- To create and deliver project plans, whilst continually adjusting these to reflect changes in circumstance, need or requirement.
- To liaise with all necessary departments and ensure they are informed of requirements of projects, setting out a department specific project plan if necessary.
- To monitor progress of work at all stages, ensuring objectives are met on time, by all departments/individuals.
- Working with the Design Teams to ensure adherence to stage gate dates.
- To monitor all costs associated with the project ensuring budgetary objectives are met.
- To ensure correct completion of all necessary documentation relating to projects and that these are stored safely and securely.
- Ensuring any testing is completed and keeping a track of testing costs.
- Ensuring Design Teams complete drawing packs in their entirety before handing to Project Management.
- To raise problem notes where problems are observed.
- To resolve problems where possible and reporting corrective actions to Quality Assurance (QA)
- To raise Non-Conformance Reports (NCR) on any and all non-conforming events and to help QA with corrective and preventative actions.
Monday to Friday, typically 40hrs weeks.
If this role sounds of interest to you, or for further information, please send a copy of your CV or contact the team on 01761 235 741.