Our client based in Trowbridge are seeking a Production Supervisor to join their team on a part time basis.
A Production Supervisor forms an essential part of the management team on site, converting customer orders into finished goods, on time and to the required Quality Standard of our client.
Key attributes & competencies:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an FMCG or equivalent workplace
- 3 years’ experience as a team leader (minimum) in an equivalent workplace
- Line management experience of a minimum 4 personnel
- Computer literate (required to operate QAD, or other ERP systems)
- High level of numeracy
- High level of literacy (English)
- Demonstrated ability to managed multiple fast paced operating lines
- Sound understanding of Short Interval Control
- Understanding of planning activities
The supervisor is responsible for ensuring the team leaders deliver every production order in filling and packing safely, on time, to standard and in full.
The supervisor is the routine hour-by-hour link between production departments to ensure a seamless operation where the warehouse provides a timely service to each production area and that each works order is completed fully, all quality control is applied effectively, all issued are managed and/or escalated as required with all paperwork completed in full. Where required, rework, non-conformances and investigations are led, in the first instance, by the supervisor.
- Ensuring all aspects of a safe operation are in place and adhered to at all times, both in staff, production lines and in the wider working areas.
- Coordinating staff on each production line to ensure each employee is in place and productive to the maximum sustainable capacity for each product.
- Ensuring all production lines are running (where planned or opportunity exists) throughout the full shift (8 hours) where required. Capturing, reporting, and controlling line efficiency metrics and responding to bring production back up to peak performance in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all works orders are completed in full, with full stock control throughout by the team leaders, including works order closures.
- Ensuring all quality controls are completed throughout the works orders, by the teams and by the supervisor.
- Escalating breakdowns to engineering and coordinating the return of the line to full operational status.
- Completing investigations through to root cause, including the delivery of corrective and preventative measures, or escalation if required.
Saturdays 6am – 6pm
Due to the nature of our clients business you may be required to carry out alternative and/or additional duties from time to time.
If this role is of interest to and you fulfil the criteria, please apply with your full CV, or contact the team on 01225 300779.