Our client based on the outskirts of Shepton Mallet are seeking a Production Operative to join their team on a permanent basis.
To maintain normal production running conditions using logical reasoning and decision making to operate and adjust production equipment parameters (such as Scada systems) as per the company’s standard operating procedures (SOP’s). To achieve product that is within internal and external specifications and within critical control points (CCP’s).
Under guidance from the Technical Operative
- Able to undertake and support any area of production as required using knowledge and skills of operating processes, equipment, and quality systems.
- Support less experienced team members to improve job knowledge and pass on information between shifts and departments as required.
- Taking samples from the process and using equipment and/or systems to monitor and record results, on relevant systems to meet the company’s Audit Compliance and Manufacturing Monitoring Systems.
- Monitor and plan production equipment availability to maintain normal running conditions. Adjusting settings to meet specifications. If further support is required, refer technical issues to Technical Operative and Team Leader for resolution.
- Working towards improvements in quality and performance targets.
- Work within all company policies and procedures, including Health and Safety and Food safety standards. Raising quality and safety near-miss incidents and contributing to improvement ideas and activities.
- Identifying and suggesting ideas for continuous improvement and participating in A3 problem solving and improvement activities.
- Undertake tasks in the production areas as required including sealing product and checking for any quality issues, taking, and analysing samples, monitoring, and recording results as required.
- Use business systems to accurately manage/record the movement of all forms of stock (including but not limited to finished/semi-finished goods, packaging, ingredients)
- Closely monitor production quality and adjusting equipment settings to meet specification.
- Operate and monitor food safety equipment and report any exceptions.
- Undertake Cleaning tasks relevant to the area and Cleaning in Place (CIP) of plant, silos and Tankers and other food processing equipment.
- To carry out any other work or task determined to be within your level of competence, to meet the needs of the business.
- Good numeracy and literacy at secondary education level
- Competent in using Microsoft software packages
- Knowledge and experience gained in operating within a food manufacturing environment
- Food Hygiene – Level 2
- Manual Handling
- 4 GCSE’s (grade 4 or above including Maths & English)
- NVQ Level 2
- Forklift Certificate (for relevant areas)
- People Management Training
- Experience of working in food manufacture
- Able to work in a role that has physical demands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintains constructive relationships with team members across departments
- Proficient in the use of all working processes and equipment
- Methodical and good attention to detail
- Analyses and resolves minor issues, knowing when to refer to a senior for advice
- Make decisions using available resources and sound judgement
Rotating shift: 1 week 5.15am – 2.15pm/ 2.15pm – 10.15pm
APPLY today or contact Miriam on 01761 235741 for further details.