We are looking for a Recruitment Consultant with a keen interest in Business Development to join our team in Midsomer Norton.
Simple Recruitment is a generalist Employment agency/ business specialising in temporary and permanent recruitment solutions across Industrial and Commercial sectors.
We are looking for a high calibre candidate, with a passion for Recruitment. Someone who is confident and experienced in sales and or customer service and is assertive to support the business development and enable future growth. Communication skills are vital; you will present yourself impeccably and deliver yourself in a professional manner, with the ability to adapt well to different situations depending on whom you are speaking to. You will be bright, articulate and able to understand relevant market places with ease.
Salary on offer £18,000 – £21,000 depending on experience plus uncapped bonus.
Due to the nature of this role a professional, positive and flexible approach to all situations will be a prerequisite.
You will need to show evidence of the following:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Sales and negotiation skills
- A goal-orientated approach to work
- The ability to handle multiple priorities
- Problem-solving ability
- The ability to meet deadlines and targets
- Ambition and the determination to succeed
- Confidence and self-motivation
- Time management and organisational skills
- Team-working skills
You must enjoy working in a high-pressure environment and the responsibility that comes with it.
The role is full time (40 hours per week/ 8.30am – 5pm) although it should be noted that contractually as a salaried member of staff, you may be required to work additional hours to fulfil your responsibilities.
Simple Recruitment consultants are responsible for attracting candidates for jobs and matching them to temporary and/or permanent positions with client companies. You’ll build positive relationships in order to gain a better understanding of your clients’ recruitment needs and requirements. You’ll attract candidates by ensuring positions are advertised using a range of media and liaising with our marketing division, as well as by networking, possible headhunting and through referrals. You’ll screen candidates, interview them and finally match them to their client’s needs and wants.
You also provide advice to both clients and candidates on salary levels, training provisions and career opportunities.
As a recruitment consultant, you’re the vital link between clients and candidates. The role is demanding, diverse and involves:
- Using sales, business development, marketing techniques and networking to attract business from client companies
- Visiting clients to build and develop positive relationships with them
- Developing a good understanding of client companies, their industry, what they do, their work culture and environment
- Working with marketing to ensure vacancies are advertised
- Possible headhunting – identifying and approaching suitable candidates who may already be in work
- Using our internal candidate database to match the right person to the client’s vacancy
- Receiving and reviewing applications, screening and interviewing candidates
- Checking the suitability of applicants before submitting their details to the client
- Briefing the candidate about the responsibilities, salary and benefits of the job in question
- Preparing CV’s and correspondence to forward to clients regarding suitable applicants
- Organising interviews for candidates as requested by the client
- Informing candidates about the results of their interviews
- Negotiating hourly pay or salary rates and finalising arrangements between client and candidates
- Offering advice to both clients and candidates on pay rates, training and career progression
- Working towards and exceeding targets set for your desk these will relate to the number of candidates placed into assignments and a value to be billed to clients
What to expect:
- The role can be challenging, but also exciting as the profession is fast-paced, target driven and demanding.
- A smart personal appearance is important as the role involves meetings with clients and conducting interviews with candidates.
- Work is office based but time is also spent outside the office to attend client meetings therefore travel within the working day may be required.
The nature of the Company’s business is such that you may be required to carry out alternative and/or additional duties from time to time. It is a term of your employment that you will comply with all reasonable management instructions and that you will carry out the duties required of you to the best of your ability and act in the interests of the Company at all times.
If this role sounds of interest to you, or for further information, please send a copy of your CV or contact Miriam on 01761 235741.