Our client based in Devizes are seeking a Multi Trade Operative (General builder/Wet trades) to join their team.
To become part of the team within Responsive repairs and Voids. Responsible for providing high quality property maintenance, repair and refurbishment as required of the service, provide exceptional fault diagnosis and excellent customer service in line with meeting all Key Performance Indicators.
- Day to day maintenance, fault diagnosis and general building repairs in occupied or void properties and garages, to include but not limited to:
- General – throughout the property.
- Plastering patch and the skimming of whole walls / ceilings and tiling
- Repair / replace fencing and gates including posts. Minor roof repairs /guttering
- Repair, replace or clear blockages to all types of guttering
- Plasterboard repairs
- Finishing of all works to a high decorative standard (to include boxing in, bath panel and tiling where necessary)
- Safe erection of scaffold towers and use of ladders
- Supervise and oversee any apprentice, trainee or person on work experience as requested.
- Promote and maintain an active approach to health and safety, in respect of yourself, colleagues and customers.
- Promote and maintain a customer focus in line with our clients’ charter.
- Ensure that our clients Equality & Diversity Policy is fully implemented at all times.
- To comply with all company health and safety policies, procedures and guidelines as set out in your personal H&S manual and promote and maintain an active approach to health and safety, in respect of you, colleagues and customers.
- Report all accidents, near misses and emergent hazards which have the potential to cause harm, to customers, employees, or the public without delay.
- Actively participate in team meetings 1-1 sessions etc. and make demonstrable use of toolbox talks and training as provided to improve own performance.
- Minimum of 1-year experience after trade training as a general builder and plasterer or proven long-term experience.
- Qualification or proven long-term experience in one or more building trades.
- Experience of working in a customer orientated environment
- Experience in organising own workload
- Experience in a wide range of building related matters
- Experience of working in occupied properties
- Ability to work as part of a team or autonomously when necessary
- Working knowledge of The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Full, clean driving licence
APPLY Today or for more details contact the team on 01225 300779.