Our client based in Tiverton are seeking a Manufacturing Operative to join their team.
If successful your role as a Manufacturing Operative will include maintaining machinery you have been assigned, responsibility for the safe operation of the machine during your shift and monitoring the quality of the product produced at your workstation in the most efficient and cost-effective manner. During operation you will be expected to set up the machine to run efficiently, carry out adjustments during operation to maintain efficiency and quality as well as change the machine over to run different formats when required.
Duties of a Manufacturing Operative:
- Ensure that all preparations for line changeovers are made and that they are carried out in good time and in an efficient and accurate manner
- Unloading and loading stock safely
- Follow the weekly Production Plan ensuring all deliveries come in when scheduled
- Ensuring all pallets cardboard and plastic is returned correctly
- Working in the warehouse removing full pallets from machinery to the racking area in a safe accurate manner following all correct safety procedures
- Removing all broken pallets
Please note if successful you will be working in wet, noisy, hot, and cold environments with many physical demands involving lifting, pulling, bending, and reaching so physical fitness is a must.
You will also be expected to work inside and out, on varied equipment, and with some hazardous chemicals. Suitable Training, clothing and Protective equipment will be provided.
Requirements of a Manufacturing Operative:
- Needs to adapt to change
- Health and Safety awareness
- Work under pressure
- Ability to communicate at all levels and with third parties
- Sound knowledge of good manufacturing practices
- Healthy / Fit able to stand on your feet all day
- Food related Hygiene course
- 2 years’ experience in a foods or foods related environment
- Computer literate
- SAP Knowledge
- GCSE Grades in Maths and English (or equivalent)
3 Days on – 2 Days off – 3 Nights on – 2 Days off
If this role is of interest to and you fulfil the criteria, please apply with your full CV, or contact the team on 01237 439500.