Our client based in Somerton are looking to recruit an experienced Legal Secretary to join their team on a permanent basis. The secretary will work across the four offices for various departments from litigation to matrimonial to conveyancing.
Legal Secretary Salary:
23,000 to 25,000 per annum depending on experience
Legal Secretary Key responsibilities will include:
- Creating letters emails and documents to a high standard using digital transcript systems.
- Prepare draft bills and statements and complete all account forms to enable bills to be produced.
- Open files in accordance with company procedure.
- Adhere to the firms policy when dealing with files throughout the course of a transaction and at file closure stage.
- Demonstrate effective file management including location/retrieval.
- Support department caseload by dealing with file related queries either face-to-face or by telephone.
- Answer telephones and take messages when necessary.
- Ensure that clients are dealt with efficiently and politely and that appropriate legal matters are raised within the department.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Manage own work allocation, productivity, and quality of work with minimal supervision.
There will be ad hoc duties required by the company to ensure the smooth and efficient running of each practice.
Legal Secretary Requirements:
The successful candidate will have proven legal secretarial experience, will have a methodical and organised approach to work. Will demonstrate professionalism, expertise and flexibility in their role and will have the confidence to work with minimal supervision/instruction.
You will also display competent skills in all Microsoft office applications.
Legal Secretary Hours:
Monday to Friday 9 till 5, 1 hour lunch break. 35 hours per week
Should this role be of interest to you, and you have demonstrable experience within a similar role please apply with your most up to date CV or call Tony to discuss on 01225 300779.