Our client based in Street are seeking a Legal Secretary – Residential Property to join their team on a permanent basis.
Dependent On Experience
If successful you will be responsible for all the customary secretarial functions including the use of a digital transcription system to create a range of documents in line with our client’s house style, together with the preparation of draft bills and other financial documentation. You will ensure that client files are both opened and closed and demonstrate effective file management including location and retrieval. You will manage emails and correspondence (internal and external) and draft replies to routine correspondence when required.
- Use digital transcript system Oyez and SOS Connect to create letters, emails, and documents to the highest standard in line with our client’s house style
- Produce documents which include track changes
- Prepare draft bills and statements and complete all account forms to enable bills to be produced
- Open files in accordance with internal company procedures
- Adhere to the firm’s policy when dealing with files throughout the course of a transaction and at file closure stage
- Demonstrate effective file management, including location/retrieval
- Support department case load by dealing with file-related queries either face to face or by telephone
- Answer telephone calls and take messages, as necessary
- Ensure that clients are dealt with efficiently and politely and that appropriate legal matters are raised within the department
- Undertake photocopying and scanning of documents
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Manage own work allocation, productivity, and quality of work with minimum supervision
- Adhere to all internal methods, systems, policies, and procedures
- Such other duties as required to ensure the smooth running of the company including housekeeping and supporting other members of the administrative team when necessary
- You will have proven secretarial experience within a legal environment, ideally gained within a Residential Property department.
- You must be confident to work without direct supervision and be able to demonstrate organisational intelligence and communication skills.
- You will possess solid Microsoft Office software and formatting skills.
- Most importantly you will be keen to provide a high level of professional secretarial support working with team members to provide Clients with a high standard of service.
- Full Time, 35 Hours per week, Permanent
- Monday to Friday
- 09:00 – 17:00 with one-hour lunch break (35 hours per week)
- A competitive salary
- Discretionary twice-yearly bonus
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays and pension scheme
APPLY Today or for further details please contact the team on 01761 235741.