Our client based in Street are seeking a Legal Assistant – Conveyancing to join their team on a permanent bases
Duties of a Conveyancing Assistant:
Each fee earner works a little differently so some of these duties may vary from time to time.
- Creating client contact and then the matter on SOS, creating the electronic file as well as making up the physical file.
- Contacting a management company, mainly on Leasehold but can be on Freehold to get their requirements for providing their information pack as well as their fees and relaying this to the client to get a payment on account.
- Obtain copies of on sale file office copies and to draft a contract pack.
- Writing to lenders to request redemption figure.
- Order searches on a purchase file.
- Draft the SDLT and possibly the Transfer deed of a purchase.
- Dealing with copying for the reports.
- Dealing with all posting slips for monies in and out.
- You may be asked to deal with exchanges.
- You will draft all registrations – These should be checked by fee earner before submitting to Land Registry.
- All post completion matters
Apply Today, or for further details please contact the team on 01761 235741