Our client in Westbury are looking for a Laravel Developer to join their business to assist in their continuing expansion and development.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience developing applications with a modern PHP framework [Laravel 5.x, Laravel 6] have knowledge of RESTful standards & patterns and experience with Git version control. They will also be experienced in working within a development team, with a proven ability to take responsibility for a project and see it through to completion.
£35k – £45k pa
The following would also be advantageous:
- Experience developing ecommerce applications.
- Understanding of and experience with Test Driven Development using PHP Unit.
- Experience of relational database design and applying those designs to real world applications.
- Experience with frontend development (Angular, modern CSS frameworks).
- Experience with Docker for production and development environments.
- Knowledge of and experience with continuous integration / continuous delivery pipelines, specifically with GitLab.
- The ability to communicate, both written and verbally, at all levels.
Beneficial but not essential:
- Experience building scalable applications.
- Experience building applications for popular ecommerce platforms (Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce).
- Gathering requirements in various forms from users of different backgrounds and translating those into deliverables.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Design and develop high quality PHP applications as part of the team or individually.
- Write feature and unit tests to applications as appropriate.
- Take responsibility for full projects as required, and see them through to completion.
- Contribute to sprint planning and retrospective meetings.
- Ensure Jira tasks are kept up to date.
- Other related duties as required.
- PHP 7.2+
- Use of modern PHP frameworks.
- Proficiency with Git version control system.
- Understanding of MVC design patterns.
Remote working of 2-3 Days per week may be considered
If this is of interest please apply, or for further details, contact Tony or Christie on 01225 300779