Our client in Westbury are looking for a Software Developer who specialises in Laravel development to join their business to assist in their continuing expansion and development. Remote working will be considered for this position.
To be considered for the role of Software Developer who specialises in Laravel development, you will need to have proven experience developing applications with a modern PHP framework.
Software Developer / Laravel Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Design and develop high quality PHP applications as part of the team or individually.
- Laravel experience, version 5.5 or above. Ideally 2-3 years’ experience.
- Write feature and unit tests to applications as appropriate.
- Take responsibility for full projects as required and see them through to completion.
- Ensure Jira tasks are kept up to date.
- Other related duties as required.
The following would also be advantageous:
- Experience developing ecommerce applications.
- Understanding of and experience with Test Driven Development using PHP Unit.
- Experience of relational database design and applying those designs to real world applications.
- Experience with front end development (Angular, modern CSS frameworks)
- Experience with Docker for production and development environments.
- Knowledge of and experience with continuous integration / continuous delivery pipelines, specifically with GitLab.
- The ability to communicate, both written and verbally, at all levels.
Beneficial but not essential:
- Experience building scalable applications.
- Experience building applications for popular ecommerce platforms (Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce)
- Gathering requirements in various forms from users of different backgrounds and translating those into deliverables.
Skills required for Software Developer / Laravel position:
- PHP 7.2+
- Use of modern PHP frameworks.
- Understanding of MVC design patterns.
- Experience with building APIs.
- Understanding of TDD and PHP Unit.
- Working knowledge of GIT
Remote working of 2-3 Days per week may be considered
APPLY today or for further details, contact Miriam on 01761 235741