Our client based in Shaftesbury are seeking a Health & Safety Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
The primary role of the Health & Safety Manager is to advise directors, managers and staff on all health and safety matters and to ensure our client complies with their statutory obligations whilst cultivating a can-do, will-do Health and safety culture across the business.
Dependant on Experience
Responsibilities of the Health & Safety Manager:
- Chair the Health & Safety committee meetings
- Overall responsibility and compliance of our clients Health & Safety, making sure staff are aware of the importance and follow safety protocols.
- Advise line managers and staff on all aspects of Health & Safety.
- Implement practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial, of promoting health and safety and safe working practices in the workplace.
- Conduct/organise relevant health and safety training for staff as required, including first aid, fire safety and toolbox talks.
- Conduct all risk assessments and devise safe systems of work as required by legislation and ensure they are reviewed at relevant intervals and to maintain records of the same.
- Conduct & carryout internal and compliance audits across all sites; report on findings and manage issue log through to completion.
- Carry out all risk assessments and special assessments for each site as required by business, including display screen equipment, manual handling, lone working, forklift loading, pregnant workers, young workers etc.
- Coordinate and manage first aid and fire safety representatives for both sites.
- Recommend & implement control measures and advise on the standard of PPE issued to employees. Hold log of PPE issued to all permanent and seasonal staff and keep stock for visitors.
- Carry out investigations into all accidents, incidents and learning events and record the findings on the relevant forms.
- Advise Directors of all incidents reportable under R.I.D.D.O.R.
- Conduct health and safety inspections and prepare reports and documents as required.
- Identify areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or H.S.E. guidance. Arrange such training/certification once identified.
- Keep up to date with changes in current legislation and implement such changes where relevant.
- Organise and manage external audits.
- Bring to the attention of the Leadership Team any relevant new legislation via monthly briefing.
- Attend such courses/seminars run by external sources to enable accurate interpretation of legislation to enable implementation within the organisation.
- Liaise with the Premises Manager to establish contractor health & safety procedures.
- Immediately contact the Leadership Team if situations are found, that in the opinion of the Health & Safety Manager, require immediate rectification or the stopping of any operation.
- Assist with the day to day running of the warehouse team.
- Any other ad hoc health and safety duties as required.
You are also reminded that:
It is an essential condition of your employment that you are prepared to adopt a flexible approach to your pattern of work and are prepared to undertake other duties, (within the parameters of this description) as and when necessary, as part of the team, to facilitate the smooth running of the business. Along with extra hours that are needed as and when to get the jobs done particularly within the season.
If this role is of interest to and you fulfil the criteria, please apply with your full CV, or contact the team on 01225 300779.