Our client based in South Molton are seeking a Foundry Operative to join their team on a Temporary ongoing basis.
Foundry Operative Salary:
Foundry Operative Duties:
- Knock out of moulds to remove shell post to the casting operation.
- Water blasting of moulds to remove as much shell as practical and allow the band saw operations to commence.
- Cutting off castings using a semi-automatic band saw.
- Trimming up of casting gates using a manual band saw.
- Removal of residual shell material after the band saw operations have been completed.
- Linishing casting gates flush after the band saw operations are completed.
- Rework of castings to remove surplus shell and metal materials.
- Dry blasting of components to give a uniformed matt finish.
- Removal of hot moulds to support the casting process.
- Pack and identify castings to be sent for subcontract processes.
Foundry Operative Requirements:
You will have a manufacturing or foundry background, proven experience in working with said equipment utilised in the finishing area and a proven track record of working on intricate parts within a team.
Foundry Operative Hours:
This is a full-time role between the hours of 8am till 4.45pm Monday – Thursday and 8am till 12pm on Fridays.
If this role is of interest to and you fulfil the criteria, please apply with your full CV, or contact Annette on 01237 439500.