Our client based in Wiltshire/Dorset are seeking a Domestic Heating Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
Domestic Heating Engineer Key responsibilities will include:
You will be responsible for carrying out day to day repairs, planned maintenance, boiler installations and annual servicing of domestic heating appliances in order to provide a high quality service and meet all Key Performance Indicators installations. The post holder may be required to join the out of hours standby rota for additional remuneration.
PLEASE NOTE This position covers various locations across Dorset & Wiltshire.
- Respond to daily appointments to ensure all repairs are carried out within target dates.
- Respond as required to emergency situations.
- Carry out annual services to heating appliances in line with manufacturers requirements and of Industry British Standards
- Carry out the installation and commissioning of domestic boilers on a planned maintenance contract
- Carry out inspections to void or acquired properties as required
- Complete all relevant paperwork pertaining to the works to fulfil The Landlords legal obligations and duty of care
- Maintain materials to ensure all items are recorded and available as required.
- Order materials as required.
- Provide advice to Colleagues, Customers, Maintenance Officers and others on heating related matters.
Domestic Heating Engineer Requirements:
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Experience of working in a customer orientated environment
- Time-served apprenticeship for a Heating Engineer
- Experience of working in occupied dwellings
- Experienced in service, maintenance and repair of a wide range of domestic heating appliances
- Be able to carry out minor repairs to a range of decorative finishes
- Good numeracy skills
- Ability and confidence to contribute to meetings effectively
- Ability to work as part of a team or autonomously when necessary
- Good verbal and written skills
- Good customer care skills
- Ability to assert authority as necessary
- Ability to react to changing circumstances quickly
Hours of work: Mon-Fri 8:00am – 17:00pm
Contact Us Today
If you are interested in this role please contact the team on 01225 300779 or you can email Tony directly on firstname.lastname@example.org