Our client based in Midsomer Norton are looking for Customer Service/General Assistant to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
For the right candidate this is an opportunity to grow and progress within a family business which possess Artisan values. The business specialises in ceramics supplies in a commercial and domestic capacity.
The successful candidate will be a vital part of the organisational process from the cradle to the grave, receiving orders from customers whether they be via email, telephone or face-to-face and that all customer service expectations are met. There is a proven process in place and the day’s are structured.
- Accuracy and efficiency in trying to ‘get as much done’ as possible during each working day and ensuring all jobs are completed by the end of the shift
- Initiative and proactive approach to high selling/fast moving items in the shop and making sure all are re-stocked where possible during quiet times
- A ‘Can do’ attitude and doing anything to help colleagues and customers
- Showing initiative during quieter times by either re-stocking, pricing of new deliveries, asking what can be done, price checks on the system etc.
Main Duties would include:
- Answering of phone calls and all technical related queries in the shop/office and website
- Dealing with general enquiries and taking/advising on telephone orders
- Giving helpful and friendly advice to all customers in our shop
- Confident in operating kilns and firing to different programmes
- Good knowledge (or a willingness to learn) of kilns, wheels and equipment to advise to customers’ needs
- An element of sales will be required
- An education to GSCE standard especially in Maths and English
- Degree level educated or extensive knowledge of Ceramics
- Must have a good knowledge of Kilns and wheels and be able to trouble shoot and identify and potential problems
- Confident in selling and talking about Kilns and Wheels
- Be of good physical health and an awareness of Manual handling to be able to load products for despatch on a daily basis
- A counter balance fork lift license would be advantageous but not essential
Hours of Work – 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday with an occasional Saturday morning on a rota basis
Salary – £17,500 pa
Annual Leave – 20 days plus Bank Holidays
If this permanent position sounds of interest and you have the required criteria please apply with your CV, or for further details contact our Commercial team on 01761 235741.