Our client based in South Molton are looking for a CNC Machinist to be accountable for setting and operating CNC turning and milling machines in order to produce parts to engineering technical drawings following set operating procedures.
The ideal candidate will have the knowledge to review parts to ensure they comply with measurements on drawings and take remedial action as appropriate by adjusting offsets.
* Set CNC machine to specific programme as per part number and work instruction sheet via utilisation of
the DNC link (direct numerical control) on computer
* Load tooling as appropriate into CNC machine
* Check accuracy of first off
* Check accuracy of parts using appropriate measurement tools
* Take corrective action to rectify errors by offset adjustment on CNC machine
* Pass parts onto inspection for “A stamp “approval
* Undertake inspection process of other team members work
* Work on own initiatives and resolve any issues or problems to company-specific procedures
* Knowledge and application of lean principles/tools/5 S/seven wastes, participating in Kaizen events
* Ability to be flexible and adaptable working on different machines and assisting colleagues as required.
* Flexible in work patterns to meet business needs
* Previous experience in setting and operating CNC Turning together with Milling and Mill/Turning Machines
(this is advantageous to have both qualities)
* Conversant with Machine Shop Measurement Techniques- using appropriate measurement equipment e.g.
vernier, micrometer use of thread checking equipment
* Experience of Programming and Operating Co-ordinate Measuring Machines (CMM’s) an advantage
* Ability to Read and interpret Engineering Drawings, with a practical working understanding of Geometric
Tolerancing (use of geometric symbols)
* Good level of computer literacy
* Experience of Inspection of parts to comply with industry and company standards
* Experience of Fanuc and Heidenhein operating systems an advantage
* Worked on HICELL machines desirable
* Apprentice Qualified or similarly experienced Machinist with CNC Turning and/or Milling experience
Should this role be of interest to you, please send us a copy of your CV or call Paul on 01237 439500 for
Simple Recruitment (South West) Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency where this vacancy is concerned.