Our client based in Radstock are seeking an Assistant Marketer to join their team on a permanent basis.
Assistant Marketer Salary:
Assistant Marketer Role:
- Analysing performance by collating, analysing, and reporting on website and campaign performance statics and managing online campaigns and retail listings.
- Working with the Digital Marketing and Sales teams to increase market awareness and quality enquiry generation through a range of activities.
- Assisting with the promotion of the business by enhancing website content to make it more engaging and compelling to improve page ranking and creating and scheduling content for social media channels.
- (There may also a number of other activities required by the business that could be incorporated into the role depending on time available, experience and interest.)
Our client depends on the pro-active Digital Marketing team as a key resource to drive sales enquiry generation and business growth.
The business primarily relies on the company’s websites to generate sales enquiries. However, there is a need to widen audience engagement by increasing the range of marketing channels used and by increasing the number of direct and indirect marketing activities.
This position is key to the business and provides an opportunity to engage in a broad range of marketing activities and initiatives. To execute the full range of activities, a contribution to developing the marketing strategy and campaign roll-out programme is required.
Assistant Marketer Key Responsibilities:
- Development of a personal knowledge base
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of the company’s products and services, plus their key features and benefits, as background knowledge for carrying out marketing activities.
- Creating a reporting dashboard providing insight into all online sales and marketing activity using Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Heatmapping and other web-based reporting tools across all the business’ websites.
- Assisting with the development of positioning statements and sales USPs for the business underpinned by an understanding of the markets and sectors that the company serves, the players in those markets, and how the company’s products and services compete.
- Developing existing and new digital marketing campaign activity to increase market awareness of the company’s products and services, documenting the mechanics of how those channels operate, and how to exploit those channels to promote the company products / services to generate sales enquiries. This includes PPC activity and maximising product exposure with online retail partners.
- Scheduling, monitoring, collecting data and analysing the performance of paid social media campaigns and compiling reports on traffic, engagement volumes, etc using Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, and other web-based reporting tools.
- Using Google Analytics and other web-based reporting tools to extract and prepare data from all of the company’s websites and online shops providing insight around markets, channels, audience/genre segments, ranking, user journeys and webpage attractiveness.
- Developing, implementing, monitoring, analysing, and reporting on PPC campaigns.
- Monitoring and reporting on keyword volumes and fluctuations and provide insight into market trends and maximising website exposure.
- Monitoring competitor websites and reporting on social media and keyword activity and changes in messaging.
Website Related Activities:
- Understanding the basics of SEO and website management to assist with the day-to-day content updates and publishing news items.
- Working along-side with the Marketer, Webmaster and Sales team to create SEO-aligned, engaging, and compelling website copy that complements the sales messages and generates quality enquiries in line with market trends.
Planning, Developing, and Executing Market-Sector Campaigns:
- Contributing market insight to the market-sector planning process. This will enable the Digital Marketing team to development and document a coherent marketing strategy for the operational plan.
- Assisting with the execution of marketing campaigns targeted at defined market sectors using agreed marketing channels and collateral with the objective of generating quality sales enquiries. This will involve a range of activities involving personal work, working with other resources in the business and potentially external resources.
Marketing Database Management:
- The company uses a number of sales and marketing CRMs including Autotask, Constant Contact, Zoho and Survey Monkey. The introduction of GDPR means that these platforms need to be tightly managed and synchronised to ensure compliance.
- Compilation of prospect lists for use in database-generated marketing campaigns according to the planned campaign criteria.
- Updating the marketing database in the relevant CRM system according to the results of marketing campaigns.
- Developing, building, and protecting the company’s brand by constant monitoring and consistent use of branding in all written and electronic communications and on websites.
- Other marketing related activities as needed.
Assistant Marketer Hours:
- Monday to Friday
- 8:30 to 17:00
- Holiday – 22 days + bank holiday
If this role is of interest to and you fulfil the criteria, please apply with your full CV, or contact the team on 01761 235741.