Our client based in Exeter is seeking an Agricultural Accounts Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
If successful you will take responsibility for a predominately rural and agricultural portfolio, providing all round accounting and tax services and advice.
The role will involve supporting other team members and review of their work as well as accounts preparation, tax advice, and business services for limited companies, partnerships, sole traders, and individuals.
The successful candidate may also be involved in marketing and networking activities.
- To take responsibility of a rural and agricultural focused portfolio, providing all round accounting services and advice.
- Review year end accounts and resulting income tax or corporation tax returns.
- Control and review VAT return preparation.
- Deal with day to day client matters and liaise with a Partner on general issues and specific one-off projects.
- Provide a comprehensive business advice service through client meetings and business plans.
- Manage the portfolio to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Organise and oversee the administration of the client portfolio to deal with billing and workflow.
- Market the firm and help to bring in new clients as well as promoting added value services provided by the firm.
- Supervisory role – assist with the day to day running of the department; mentor and train more junior members of the team; manage the overall workloads of the department together with other managers in the group.
- ACA / ACCA qualified (or equivalent).
- Practice experience (either large, national firm or regional, independent accountancy practice.
- Recent and significant expertise in agricultural sector accounting with working knowledge of associated tax issues.
- Being able to demonstrate a genuine passion and interest in this sector.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with colleagues and clients.
- Be able to demonstrate both the technical expertise in this field along with the additional competencies in client facing, business development ability and aptitude to progress in the firm.
If this role is of interest to you, please apply, or for further details, contact the team on 01237 439500.