Our client based in Chippenham are seeking an Accounts Assistant to join their team on a Permanent basis.
Accounts Assistant Duties:
To support the finance function, with a focus on accounting, audits, and external reporting.
Accounts Assistant Key Responsibilities
- Providing financial support and monthly reports to business units
- Prepare, post, and reconcile prepayments and accruals
- Responsible for Inter co invoices
- Responsible for Intercompany reconciliation
- Maintain fixed asset register
- Reconcile sales & balance sheet accounts
- Compile and submit VAT returns
- Credit Control
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, P&L, Management reports, KPIs and variance analysis
- Raising sales invoices
- Uploading monthly reconciliations
- Timesheet processing and reports
- Prepare and review financial models and proposals to support the decision-making process
- Develop and improve finance and project systems.
Accounts Assistant Additional Shared Activities:
- Supplier authentication and set-up
- Take on company-wide finance tasks as allocated from time to time
- Project set ups
- Support financial team providing day-to-day assistance as required
- Assist in monthly and year end management/financial accounts
- Ad hoc financial analysis in support of the preparation of management accounts
Accounts Assistant Required Skills:
The ideal candidate will be / have:
- AAT qualified with at least 2 years post qualification experience.
- Strong organisational abilities, experience of working to tight deadlines and a hands-on approach to finance.
- Advanced Excel including pivot tables, look-up functions and similar is essential for all analysis and reporting duties
- Knowledge of accounting principles, good understanding of financial/management information systems and technically competent with finance and accounting knowledge and skills.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to adapt to and implement change.
- High level of numeracy (Accounting/Maths/Statistics) and the ability to interpret management information.
- Highly computer literate, with particular reference to accounting and management software and their application in a software/hardware engineering and manufacturing environment.
Accounts Assistant Personal Qualities:
- Approachable and professional
- Ability to work flexible hours under pressure to tight timescales
- Passionate and driven
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Flexible and adaptable
- Good sense of humour, with the ability to create and maintain excellent communication between different stakeholders
- Good communication skills, comfortable interacting with different stakeholders throughout the organisation
Accounts Assistant Benefits:
- Bike to work scheme
- Excellent pension scheme offering 5% contribution:
Health care cash back plan
4x salary life assurance
Income protection plan
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays in 1st year increasing to 25 days
- Holiday buy & sell scheme
If this role is of interest to and you fulfil the criteria, please apply with your full CV, or contact the team on 01225 300779.