MEMO TO OUR TEMPORARY WORKERS
‘Request for Holiday’ Process
- If you wish to take holiday you must request it – first with your line manager at your place of assignment, once this has been agreed by them, please notify us (Simple Recruitment) of the relevant holiday dates, so we can then ensure this gets paid to you, this should be done IN WRITING to your relevant Consultant.
- Holiday’s should be requested with at least a weeks’ notice given.
- If you do not work some days and have not notified us or requested it as holiday, we will not automatically process it. Bank holidays should also be requested as being paid, if required.
- Holidays cannot be taken where you have been out of work ill.
- You cannot be paid holiday but also work, holiday has to be actual time off. We cannot pay holiday in lieu, Holiday pay should be paid for the time when annual leave is taken or at the end of the booking if your booking finished before of the end of the leave year (April 6th to April 5th) this is a statutory requirement which aims to protect your rights and ensure you have the opportunity to take days off. An employer cannot include an amount for holiday pay in the hourly rate (known as ‘rolled-up holiday pay’)
- Holiday cannot be carried over from one year to the next. You also need to make sure that you take your holidays during the leave year (April 6th to April 5th) as we do not carry forward any unused holiday pay into the next leave year and any holiday funds not used will be lost.
- We will always monitor the amount of holiday you have accumulated and notify you to take it as we are approaching the end of the year.